Welcome to Central West Virginia Transit Authority
Thank You Harrison County For Your Support!
The Central West Virginia Transit Authority - CENTRA, prides itself on providing safe, reliable, and courteous service throughout Harrison County. We provide regular fixed route service and ADA complementary paratransit transportation. All of our buses are handicapped accessible.
In as little as one year, CENTRA provides over 300,000 trips and travels over 600,000 miles throughout Harrison County. CENTRA also makes connections with the Fairmont and Morgantown area public transit services.
Should you have any questions or need to schedule transportation services please call the Business Office today at (304)-623-6002.
Thank you for choosing CENTRA! Welcome Aboard!
Meeting Minutes Posted
August 10, 2017
Minutes from recent board meetings have been posted. Please click here to view.
Needed Immediately! On-Call Drivers
CENTRAL WEST VIRGINIATRANSIT AUTHORITY is
seeking applicants for On-Call Bus Operators.
Class A OR B CDL License, HS diploma/GED required. Passenger Endorsement Required (company may assist with obtaining endorsement). Prior CDL driving experience preferred. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age with excellent driving record.
Download an employment application.
Please mail application w/résumé to:
Attn: General Manager
P. O. Box 430
Clarksburg, WV 26302.
CENTRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Zero Tolerance/Drug Free Workplace.
CHANGES TO NORTHVIEW/DESPARD BEGINNING MONDAY, JULY 10TH, 2017
- DESPARD BUS WILL NO LONGER SERVICE OHIO AVENUE
- OAK STREET AND QUARRY WILL REMAIN BY REQUEST ONLY.
- PASSENGERS MAY NEED TO CATCH THE BUS AT THE ENTRANCE OF THE INDUSTRIAL PARK/COLOMBIA BLVD.
- PASSENGERS MAY NEED TO CATCH THE BUS BACK INTO DOWNTOWN CLARKSBURG ON PIKE STREET NEAR THE MONTPILIER BRIDGE.
- Transfer Station to Adamston
- Adamston To Milford Street
- Milford To Liberty to Camden
- VA to Highland/allenmed/cc
- Highland to Rosebud to Oak Mound
- Oak Mound to Food Lion to Milford
- Milford to Main Street Bus Shelter
Inclement Weather Notices
Check back here for closures/delays due to weather conditions. CENTRA will contact local radio stations and local television stations whenever possible to let the public know of these delays/closures. We will also post this information on our TWITTER feed (below) when possible.