Welcome to Central West Virginia Transit Authority
Thank You Harrison County For Your Support!
The Central West Virginia Transit Authority - CENTRA, prides itself on providing safe, reliable, and courteous service throughout Harrison County. We provide regular fixed route service and ADA complementary paratransit transportation. All of our buses are handicapped accessible.
In as little as one year, CENTRA provides over 300,000 trips and travels over 600,000 miles throughout Harrison County. CENTRA also makes connections with the Fairmont and Morgantown area public transit services.
Should you have any questions or need to schedule transportation services please call the Business Office today at (304)-623-6002.
Thank you for choosing CENTRA! Welcome Aboard!
Special Board of Directors Meeting
February 23, 2018
You are hereby notified that a special meeting of the Board of Directors of the Central West Virginia Transit Authority is scheduled for Tuesday February 27, 2018 at 9:00 am in the CENTRA Conference Room.
- 5311 Application Resolution
Board of Directors Meeting
January 25, 2018
You are hereby notified that a meeting of the Board of Directors of the Central West Virginia Transit Authority is scheduled for Monday, January 29, 2018 at 9:00 am in the CENTRA Conference Room.
- Public Comment
- Approval of minutes
- Manager's Report
- Financial Report
- Service Expansion Committee Report
- Discussion of needed capital improvements
- 5311 preliminary document signing
- Drug & Alcohol Policy update and approval
- Executive Session: Fiscal Year 2018/2019 budgeting discussion
Meeting Minutes Posted
December 12, 2017
Minutes from recent board meeting have been posted. Please click here to view.
Needed Immediately! On-Call Drivers
CENTRAL WEST VIRGINIATRANSIT AUTHORITY is
seeking applicants for On-Call Bus Operators.
Class A OR B CDL License, HS diploma/GED required. Passenger Endorsement Required (company may assist with obtaining endorsement). Prior CDL driving experience preferred. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age with excellent driving record.
Download an employment application.
Please mail application w/résumé to:
Attn: General Manager
P. O. Box 430
Clarksburg, WV 26302.
CENTRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Zero Tolerance/Drug Free Workplace.
CHANGES TO NORTHVIEW/DESPARD BEGINNING MONDAY, JULY 10TH, 2017
- DESPARD BUS WILL NO LONGER SERVICE OHIO AVENUE
- OAK STREET AND QUARRY WILL REMAIN BY REQUEST ONLY.
- PASSENGERS MAY NEED TO CATCH THE BUS AT THE ENTRANCE OF THE INDUSTRIAL PARK/COLOMBIA BLVD.
- PASSENGERS MAY NEED TO CATCH THE BUS BACK INTO DOWNTOWN CLARKSBURG ON PIKE STREET NEAR THE MONTPILIER BRIDGE.
- Transfer Station to Adamston
- Adamston To Milford Street
- Milford To Liberty to Camden
- VA to Highland/allenmed/cc
- Highland to Rosebud to Oak Mound
- Oak Mound to Food Lion to Milford
- Milford to Main Street Bus Shelter
Inclement Weather Notices
Check back here for closures/delays due to weather conditions. CENTRA will contact local radio stations and local television stations whenever possible to let the public know of these delays/closures. We will also post this information on our TWITTER feed (below) when possible.