Welcome to Central West Virginia Transit Authority
Centra provides over 200,000 trips and travels more than 400,000 miles a year. All Centra's vehicles are ADA accessible for demand response service along with our fixed routes
Servicing over 30,000 seniors per year and over 100,000 disabled Centra coordinates service with Fairmont Marion Transit, Harrison Senior Citizens Center and WV Community Action.
If you have any questions about the information on this web site, or want to talk with us about your transportation needs, please call us at (304) 623-6002.
Thank you for choosing CENTRA! Welcome Aboard!
CENTRA will Close Early on Tuesday September 19, 2017
The Central West Virginia Transit Authority – CENTRA - will close early on Tuesday september 19, 2017 for a safety training session. The Business office will be closed and bus service will end early. The last buses of the day will run at 3:15 pm. Services will resume Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 6:00 am. Thank you for your cooperation.
Meeting Minutes Posted
August 10, 2017
Minutes from recent board meetings have been posted. Please click here to view.
Board of Directors Meeting
July 27, 2017
You are hereby notified that a meeting of the Board of Directors of the Central West Virginia Transit Authority is scheduled for Monday, July 31, 2017 at 9:00 am in the CENTRA Training Room.
- Call to Order
- Roll call of members and determination of quorum
- Approval of minutes
- Public comment
- Transfer Station Security discussion
- Transfer Station Modifications discussion
- FYE 6/30/2017 Financial Report review
- Audit Committee Report
- Contract Arbitration Update
- Executive Session: Management issue -annual evaluation, Arbitration Issues, legal issues of GHPSD, DEP core drilling project discussion
Needed Immediately! On-Call Drivers
March 21, 2017
CENTRAL WEST VIRGINIATRANSIT AUTHORITY is
seeking applicants for On-Call Bus Operators.
Class A OR B CDL License, HS diploma/GED required. Passenger Endorsement Required (company may assist with obtaining endorsement). Prior CDL driving experience preferred. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age with excellent driving record.
Download an employment application.
Please mail application w/résumé to:
Attn: General Manager
P. O. Box 430
Clarksburg, WV 26302.
CENTRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Zero Tolerance/Drug Free Workplace.
CHANGES TO NORTHVIEW/DESPARD BEGINNING MONDAY, JULY 10TH, 2017
- DESPARD BUS WILL NO LONGER SERVICE OHIO AVENUE
- OAK STREET AND QUARRY WILL REMAIN BY REQUEST ONLY.
- PASSENGERS WILL NEED TO CATCH THE BUS AT THE ENTRANCE OF THE INDUSTRIAL PARK/COLOMBIA BLVD.
- PASSENGERS WILL ALSO NEED TO CATCH THE BUS BACK INTO TOWN ON PIKE STREET NEAR THE MONTPILIER BRIDGE.
CHESTNUT STREET DETOUR
BEGINNING MONDAY, FEBRUARY 29, 2016 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- Transfer Station to Adamston
- Adamston To Milford Street
- Milford To Liberty to Camden
- Camden to Chestnut to VA
- VA to Highland/allenmed/cc
- Highland to Rosebud to Oak Mound
- Oak Mound to Food Lion to Milford
- Milford to Main Street Bus Shelter
Inclement Weather Notices
Check back here for closures/delays due to weather conditions. CENTRA will contact local radio stations and local television stations whenever possible to let the public know of these delays/closures. We will also post this information on our TWITTER feed (below) when possible.